- Tips to Lower your Electric BillPosted: 3 years ago
- 5 Easy Home Improvement Projects & Upgrades For the WinterPosted: 3 years ago
- Benefits to buying in the winterPosted: 3 years ago
- Cash In with a Cash-Out RefinancePosted: 3 years ago
- Mortgage MythsPosted: 3 years ago
- Q&A: All About Flooring — Hardwood, Carpeting, Tiling, LaminatePosted: 3 years ago
- Tip: 3 Foolproof Social Media Marketing TipsPosted: 4 years ago
- Tips for Hosting a Stress-Free Holiday DinnerPosted: 4 years ago
- Is a Mortgage Refinance Right for You?Posted: 4 years ago
- Check Your Disaster Supplies KitPosted: 4 years ago
- Create an Early Holiday Shopping BudgetPosted: 4 years ago
- 9 Ways to Make Moving Day EasierPosted: 4 years ago
- July 2018 Market Update – Twins Cities RegionPosted: 4 years ago
- Fall Homeowners ChecklistPosted: 4 years ago
- Scam Alert: Spoofed IRS Phone NumbersPosted: 4 years ago
- 15 Years of First Class MortgagePosted: 4 years ago
- How to buy a second homePosted: 4 years ago
- Q&A: Lawn Watering SecretsPosted: 4 years ago
- Troubleshoot Your Air ConditioningPosted: 4 years ago
- Your Mortgage, What to Expect: Clear To ClosePosted: 4 years ago
- Twins Cities Region Monthly Indicators – APRIL 2018Posted: 4 years ago
- Your Mortgage, What to Expect: UnderwritingPosted: 4 years ago
- Your Mortgage, What To Expect: Property AppraisalPosted: 4 years ago
- 3 Tips to Improve your Credit Score and Score a Lower Interest RatePosted: 4 years ago
- Changing Interest Rates Have A High Impact On Purchasing PowerPosted: 4 years ago
- The Myth of Multiple Mortgage Credit InquiriesPosted: 4 years ago
- Things to do BEFORE you buy a home.Posted: 4 years ago
- March Tech Tip: Pack Smarter With PackPointPosted: 4 years ago
- 4 Ways to Pay Off Your Mortgage EarlyPosted: 5 years ago
- Clean House in a HurryPosted: 5 years ago
- Your Mortgage, What To Expect: Document ReviewPosted: 5 years ago
- Chill Winter Utility BillsPosted: 5 years ago
- Six Tips to Help Your Home Sell This FallPosted: 5 years ago
- 4 Things to Know About Closing CostsPosted: 5 years ago
- Understanding Your Credit ScorePosted: 5 years ago
- Equifax Data Breach: What should you do now?Posted: 5 years ago
- Should You Refinance Your FHA to a Conventional Loan?Posted: 5 years ago
- 6 Ways to Save on Paint ProjectsPosted: 5 years ago
- Q&A: Mortgage InsurancePosted: 5 years ago
- How to Keep Your House Cool this SummerPosted: 5 years ago
- Mortgage Education: “What’s the Point?”Posted: 5 years ago
- Q&A: Spotting a Spoof SitePosted: 5 years ago
- Moving ChecklistPosted: 5 years ago
- Squash Marital Money SquabblesPosted: 5 years ago
- April 2017: Twin Cities Real Estate Market UpdatePosted: 5 years ago
- Your Spring Guide to Home StagingPosted: 5 years ago
- March 2017: Twin Cities Real Estate Market UpdatePosted: 5 years ago
- Don’t be a Victim — Four Ways Protect Yourself from Refinance ScamsPosted: 5 years ago
- Local Market Update: Minneapolis Area Association of RealtorsPosted: 5 years ago
- First-Time Homebuyers: Where to startPosted: 5 years ago
- Dear First Class Mortgage:Posted: 6 years ago
- First Class Mortgage. Our Expertise, Your Peace of Mind.Posted: 6 years ago
Clean House in a HurryPosted by
While having friends or family over at the last minute can be a pleasant surprise, there may be times when your house isn’t guest ready. These quick cleaning tips will help you spruce up your home just in the nick of time.
Odor eliminator. Get the air moving with your HVAC, ceiling fans, open windows or all of the above. If you have some handy, pop frozen cookie dough into the oven. It’s a chemical-free way to add an appealing aroma and makes a yummy treat for guests.
Clutter bust. Grab an empty laundry basket and clear clutter. Begin with the entryway, and then focus on rooms you’ll entertain in. Clear toys and clothes that are laying on the floor. Straighten books and magazines. After your guests leave, put everything back in its proper place.
Furniture refresh. Hide stains with throws and pillows or flip the cushions.
Kitchen spiff. No dishwasher space? Rinse dirty dishes, stow in a large stockpot and hide under the sink or in a pantry. Wipe down surfaces and sweep the floor, paying close attention to spaces where crumbs, dirt and pet hair gather.
Restroom refresh. Wipe down surfaces and mirrors with disinfecting wipes. Empty the trash. Refresh the hand soap, hand towel, and toilet paper. Drop excess clutter into a bin and stash it under the sink or behind the shower curtain. Shake out the bath mat. Light a candle.
Walk this way. Vacuum the main walkways to refresh fibers and pick up lint. The vacuum lines give that freshly-cleaned look.
These tips will ensure you can enjoy company without worrying about the state of your space.
Sources: The Spruce, Real Simple
© 2017 Vantage Production, LLC. All rights reserved.