- Tips to Lower your Electric BillPosted: 3 years ago
- 5 Easy Home Improvement Projects & Upgrades For the WinterPosted: 3 years ago
- Benefits to buying in the winterPosted: 3 years ago
- Cash In with a Cash-Out RefinancePosted: 3 years ago
- Mortgage MythsPosted: 3 years ago
- Q&A: All About Flooring — Hardwood, Carpeting, Tiling, LaminatePosted: 3 years ago
- Tip: 3 Foolproof Social Media Marketing TipsPosted: 4 years ago
- Tips for Hosting a Stress-Free Holiday DinnerPosted: 4 years ago
- Is a Mortgage Refinance Right for You?Posted: 4 years ago
- Check Your Disaster Supplies KitPosted: 4 years ago
- Create an Early Holiday Shopping BudgetPosted: 4 years ago
- 9 Ways to Make Moving Day EasierPosted: 4 years ago
- July 2018 Market Update – Twins Cities RegionPosted: 4 years ago
- Fall Homeowners ChecklistPosted: 4 years ago
- Scam Alert: Spoofed IRS Phone NumbersPosted: 4 years ago
- 15 Years of First Class MortgagePosted: 4 years ago
- How to buy a second homePosted: 4 years ago
- Q&A: Lawn Watering SecretsPosted: 4 years ago
- Troubleshoot Your Air ConditioningPosted: 4 years ago
- Your Mortgage, What to Expect: Clear To ClosePosted: 4 years ago
- Twins Cities Region Monthly Indicators – APRIL 2018Posted: 4 years ago
- Your Mortgage, What to Expect: UnderwritingPosted: 4 years ago
- Your Mortgage, What To Expect: Property AppraisalPosted: 4 years ago
- 3 Tips to Improve your Credit Score and Score a Lower Interest RatePosted: 4 years ago
- Changing Interest Rates Have A High Impact On Purchasing PowerPosted: 4 years ago
- The Myth of Multiple Mortgage Credit InquiriesPosted: 4 years ago
- Things to do BEFORE you buy a home.Posted: 4 years ago
- March Tech Tip: Pack Smarter With PackPointPosted: 4 years ago
- 4 Ways to Pay Off Your Mortgage EarlyPosted: 5 years ago
- Clean House in a HurryPosted: 5 years ago
- Your Mortgage, What To Expect: Document ReviewPosted: 5 years ago
- Chill Winter Utility BillsPosted: 5 years ago
- Six Tips to Help Your Home Sell This FallPosted: 5 years ago
- 4 Things to Know About Closing CostsPosted: 5 years ago
- Understanding Your Credit ScorePosted: 5 years ago
- Equifax Data Breach: What should you do now?Posted: 5 years ago
- Should You Refinance Your FHA to a Conventional Loan?Posted: 5 years ago
- 6 Ways to Save on Paint ProjectsPosted: 5 years ago
- Q&A: Mortgage InsurancePosted: 5 years ago
- How to Keep Your House Cool this SummerPosted: 5 years ago
- Mortgage Education: “What’s the Point?”Posted: 5 years ago
- Q&A: Spotting a Spoof SitePosted: 5 years ago
- Moving ChecklistPosted: 5 years ago
- Squash Marital Money SquabblesPosted: 5 years ago
- April 2017: Twin Cities Real Estate Market UpdatePosted: 5 years ago
- Your Spring Guide to Home StagingPosted: 5 years ago
- March 2017: Twin Cities Real Estate Market UpdatePosted: 5 years ago
- Don’t be a Victim — Four Ways Protect Yourself from Refinance ScamsPosted: 5 years ago
- Local Market Update: Minneapolis Area Association of RealtorsPosted: 5 years ago
- First-Time Homebuyers: Where to startPosted: 5 years ago
- Dear First Class Mortgage:Posted: 6 years ago
- First Class Mortgage. Our Expertise, Your Peace of Mind.Posted: 6 years ago
Your Spring Guide to Home StagingPosted by
Now is an excellent time to do some spring cleaning and stage your home appropriately to optimize your sale price!
It is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
Step 1. Spring cleaning! Whip your house into shape. Here are some great ideas to freshen up your space:
Deep clean your kitchen and bath: Wipe down everything, clean grout between tiles, replace caulking, dust light fixtures and other surfaces you usually do not touch polish metal and remove any mold.
Freshen up your floors: Steam your carpets and hardwood and clean all other floor surfaces with cleaning products designated for each particular type of surface.
Wash walls: Start at the top of the walls, to avoid water spots, and do not press too hard because you may remove paint. Avoid spot cleaning the walls because this will often show. If need be, apply a fresh coat of paint.
Clean your bedding: Vacuum your box spring and mattress, wash the dust-ruffle and mattress pad, and clean all other bedding. This will give each room a fresh scent.
Scrub your vents and coils: Dust and allergens pile up in your house vents and the coils. Dust or wash the vents and your furnace, stove, and refrigerator coils.
Step 2. Organization! Prepare to move and make your home more appealing to the prospective buyer:
Sort through your winter wardrobe: Get rid of clothes and accessories you no longer wear and put the rest of it in storage. This will allow you to clear-up closet space and make things appear more spacious.
Put away winter bedding and blankets: Put the flannels away and keep light, crisp, and clean linens out.
Go through your kitchen and bath: Throw out expired food or products you no longer use. This will free up space. Organize all other products and utensils. You will expedite your packing process, and it will look perfect for showings.
Step 3. Staging! Prep your home for an optimal spring showing following these easy steps:
Let the light in: Clean your windows and shades and open them up to let in light and fresh air.
Spruce up your yard: The front yard is often the prospective buyer’s first impression of your home and the backyard the last. Clean and put it out your patio furniture, weed, trim, mow and plant some flowers. Consider painting your front door or mailbox to add a pop of color.
Spring is in the air: Bring the fresh smell of the outdoors in by lighting a candle or placing fresh flowers in the home. Be careful not to have any sent to over-barring, focus on a simple and fresh scent.